What is your skin type and how to find it?
It is a mere fact that many women emphasize what's the best makeup product, not really paying the attention to what's the right way to skincare. Skincare is for people and women of all ages, and as early as you begin, better the health of the skin you achieve. Before you start your skincare routine, it is highly important that you know your skin type. This will help you choose the right skincare routine and will prevent the side effects of using the wrong products on your precious skin.
- Know about some common skin types.
- Determine your skin type.
Let's dig deep into these two topics.
1. Know about some common skin types
Some common skin types include-
There are some common factors that make your skin dry- genetics, lifestyle and diet, hormonal changes, climate, and environmental factors are just a few of them. One of the leading causes of dry skin is dehydration, all these factors play a pivotal role in how your skin looks and feels.
If you have a normal skin type, you are more likely to have dryness on the cheeks that is caused by a lack of moisturization and hydration. When you start any skincare routine, it is advisable to start slow and small so that you don't over-moisturize or stress your skin.
Pores on your skin can be left congested and clogged with you have oily skin. But, it can come as surprise to many that oily skin looks supple and younger due to natural moisture. Moreover, oily skin is less likely to get affected by wrinkles and pimples. Those who have oily skin, they are more likely to face skin condition such as PIH (post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation) in which dark spots can be easily visible on the skin.
Taking care of this skin type is challenging and requires some extra care and attention. You may need some extra time to determine what products will suit you the most and what are the things that you need to avoid. To make things easier, you need to ensure that you try one thing at a time. This applies to both the skincare routine and the type of cosmetics you use.
How to determine your skin type?
Check out these ways to know your skin type.
Bare face method
- Start with a mild face wash, pat your skin dry, and do not apply any cream or other product.
- You need to keep your skin bare for somewhere around 30 minutes and you can start your skin test.
- Now, smile, please! If your skin feels parched or tight when you smile, you are more likely to have dry skin.
- If you notice your more and forehead slightly shining, then it signifies that you have normal skin.
- But, if you can see too much shine on your face (forehead, cheeks, and nose) then your skin is oily.
This is a fast and easy method to know your skin type.
- All you need is blotting paper.
- Pat this paper on different areas of your skin and check the paper.
- If there is no oil on the paper, it means you have dry skin.
- Slight oil on your skin means you have normal skin.
- Too much oil on the paper states that you have oily skin.
The bottom line
So, now when you are aware of how to know about your skin type, now you can choose the right treatment such as organic qasil powder that works for all skin types. Know your skin type and also share with your near and dear ones.